Terms and conditions
- Eligibility – to participate you need to be a resident in one of the countries participating in the Creative Europe programme.
- The competition is open to participants of all ages. However, minors need a parent's or guardian's consent to enter. Participants might be asked to show proof of their identity and – in the case of minors – parental/guardian consent. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the competition.
- Be original. You must be the sole author and owner of the copyright to the photo submitted.
- Ask permission. In addition to owning the copyright, you declare that you have complied with all relevant laws (copyright, privacy rights etc.) in producing your work and that you have obtained all necessary permissions. Bear in mind that this might include third party works (such as architectural designs, sculptures or photographs).
- Pay attention. Don't take images of private persons without their consent. No children should be recognisable in the photo.
- Stay safe. Don't be offensive. Do not put yourself or others in danger when making your entry.
- Share with us. By submitting your entry, you grant the European Commission a non-exclusive, sublicensable, royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide licence to use the entry. You grant in particular the right to store, modify, publish, broadcast, communicate to the public on internet and social media and create new works with your entry, in any format, medium and language.
- Don't over-edit. Photographs must not contain extensive editing. Basic cropping, colour correction and retouching are acceptable. Special effects, computer-generated images and other heavy modifications should be avoided.