Presentation of social innovations, networks and digital tools for citizens’ engagement in climate neutrality goals implementation with a particular focus on youth climate action empowerment on local, European and global level in the context of the European Climate Pact, the Action for Climate Empowerment project ACEAT and the multi-stakeholder partnership GloCha.
- climate change | digital technology | open innovation
- Live streaming available
- IAAI International Association for the Advancement of Innovative Approaches to Global Challenges
Citizens' engagement is a key prerequisite for successful implementation of global, regional, national and local climate neutrality goals. The European Climate Pact (which has been launched in December 2020) is a ground-breaking public sector innovation that aims to create an ecosystem and engagement opportunities for citizens and other non-state actors to make individual climate action pledges and thus to contribute in an action and impact oriented manner their passion, knowledge as well as other resources to the climate neutrality goals of the European Green Deal.
Fascinated by the innovation leadership of the European Climate Pact and convinced of its huge potentials for inspiring innovative approaches for the empowerment of non-state actors’ climate action – and especially youth climate action empowerment - on a global level, Miroslav Polzer, one of the first-generation EU Climate Pact ambassadors, initiated this European Climate Pact launch satellite event to build bridges between the European Climate Pact and global youth/multi-stakeholder climate action empowerment efforts in the context of the United Nations system (especially the Action for Climate Empowerment project ACEAT, initiated, funded and coordinated by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Climate Action and with the UN Climate Change Secretariat as lead partner) and to connect digital innovation solution providers with the climate action community to develop concrete climate action apps & tools (reference: IAAI GloCha & Climate Chain Coalition ICLEI Daring Cities Forum 2020 side event "With Blockchain Technology and Digital Innovation Towards Climate Neutral Cities and Citizens" (see video: https://youtu.be/gkrE35IlLO4)).
Speakers and Topics:
- Miroslav Polzer, IAAI GloCha, European Climate Pact ambassador – Welcome and Thematic introduction
- European Commission, DG Clima, Presentation of the European Climate Pact and EC’s plans for digital tools (invited)
- Talieh Wögerbauer, Austrian Federal Ministry for Climate Action – Presentation of the project ACEAT
- Fleur Newman, UN CC secretariat – The United Nations and EU - Partners in Action for Climate Empowerment
- Tom Baumann, ClimateChaeck & Climate Chain Coalition - Digital innovation for climate action tracking
- Alexey Shadrin, Evercity.io & Climate Chain Coalition, digital finance for climate action (cryptostamps for ACE pilot)
- Yunus Arikan, ICLEI - Outline of a city level digital climate pact pilot (in the context of ACEAT, to be confirmed)
- Tim Damon, Climate Education, Communication and Outreach Stakeholders Community ECOS
- Marie Claire Graf, YOUNGO – The European Climate Pact & global youth climate action empowerment needs
- Max van Deursen (Wageningen University) & UN Youth Representatives from the Netherlands – The Future of ACE
- Sofie Winge-Petersen, Danish Youth Climate Council & European Climate Pact ambassador – Youth perspectives
- Badin Borde, Siemens Stiftung
- Miroslav Polzer - Presentation of the ACE and digital transformation action research initiative ACEATresearch in the context of the Austrian Climate Research Programme, next steps regarding ACEAT pilots & engagement opportunities
Satellite events are organised by individuals or organisations across Europe in contribution to the European Climate Pact. The events are held under the responsibility of the organisers indicated in the description, and the information given or opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission.