The European Commission offers to organisers of initiatives a central system for collecting statements of support.
Its advantages include:
- minimum preparation (turnkey solution)
- free of charge for organisers
- no approval required (the system already complies with technical and security standards – to use the system, you just sign an agreement with the Commission)
- quick setup (to use the system, simply inform the Commission 10 working days before starting the collection, via your organiser account)
- in some countries, supporters of your initiative can use e-identification to sign
- the system is fully accessible for people with disabilities
- you can also use the system to contact supporters by e-mail (for ongoing communication with them about the initiative)
- provision of statistics per initiative to its organisers.
For more information, consult the European Citizens’ Initiative Forum section on ‘How to collect signatures’.