Nuno Cunha graduated in Software and Computer Engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico, UTL, Lisboa, Portugal (1995-2000) with specialization in Telecommunications, embedded software for GSM mobile phones and Java SIM Cards.
He worked as software developer and IT consultant before being co-founder of tekever in 2001 and since then Executive Vice President and head of the Innovation Division until 2006. While at tekever he was responsible for all long-term research activities in world renowned innovation organizations, like the European Space Agency and the European Commission, in multinational research projects, like LOBAS, ENABLED or AVITRACK.
Under his coordination, tekever got actively involved in advanced several RTD projects in several areas, with highlight in Aeronautics and Information Society Technologies under FP6.
Innovation Manager at Critical Software (2006-2012) focused in innovative projects and R&D initiatives in ESA, FP7, ARTEMIS and structural funds, particularly in GMES and Embedded Systems fields.
Nuno Cunha has been called by the EC to act as expect evaluator of FP7 projects and is currently performing several roles:
- Business Developer at Yucca Tech
- Associate at Beta-i - Association for promotion of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Project Manager at PEMAS (since 2009) the Portuguese Association for the Aerospace Industry, working in FP7 CSA AEROPORTAL and FP7 CARE (Regions of Knowledge).
- Innovation and funding consultant at AAVANZ (since 2009) - AAVANZ provides consulting services on Innovation Management, ICT systems and public funding, for SMEs and start-ups, supporting development of new products, processes and services in ICT, Aerospace, Security, Transport, Environment, Energy and Health.
Currently participates in project BRAGMA (Bridging Actions for GMES and Africa) that supports GMES and Africa coordination and awareness by
- Organising Coordination and Thematic Expert Workshops
- Facilitating participation of pre-qualified African stakeholders at relevant events to ensure pan-African engagement
- Building a community, engaging with key stakeholders, establishing and connect networks, and disseminate information through the BRAGMA Portal, Online Forum and Newsletters
BRAGMA Project - http://bragma.eu/
Linkedin profile - http://www.linkedin.com/in/nunocunha