Carina works as Communication Advisor for Cordaid's Health program.
Cordaid is the Catholic Organization for Relief and Development Aid. Inspired by compassion, solidarity and subsidiarity, we see it as our mission to reduce fragility and the vulnerability of people where it is most needed and most difficult: in fragile and conflict-affected societies.
Wherever we can we combine lifesaving humanitarian aid with the longer-term improvement of health care systems, economic opportunities and disaster resilience, and the promotion of security and justice.
To fulfil our mission and purpose, we:
- work in the most remote and fragile areas to address root causes of conflict and poverty;
- design and implement at scale development programs and projects with local partners;
- provide evidence-based lobby and advocacy services;
- share knowledge and expertise and provide high skill program and grant management services, shaped and tested by over 100 years of experience;
-combine different financing modalities, like results-based financing and blended finance (combining grants and loans);
- have the availability of investment funds worth over €80 million;
- raise funds from governmental and other institutional donors, companies and private contributors (€114,825,000 in 2016);
- have a strong global network of 264 funding and implementing partners, and offices in 12 countries;
- have a firm base in Dutch society with over 270,000 private donors.