New Environmentalism Summit
Based on the observation by James Murray, Editor of businessGreen, of the growing perception that environmental campaigns are no longer working or at least not quickly enough, the European Commission - at the initiative of Commissioner Janez Potočnik - is organizing an event which brings together celebrities, former politicians, business leaders, media and other personalities, and some of the world’s leading NGOs to discuss why we have not collectively made the necessary breakthroughs and how we might do so in the future.
Achim Steiner, UNEP Executive Director
Janez Potočnik, Commission for Environment, European Commission
• Marco Lambertini, Director General, WWF
• Jeffrey Sachs, American economist and Director of The Earth Institute at Columbia University
• Mitch Hedlund, Founder and Executive Director of Recycle Across America and Eco-Profiles.org.
• Jacques Perrin, French actor and filmmaker
• Yann Artus Bertrand, French photographer, journalist, reporter and environmentalist, UNEP Goodwill Ambassador
• Sandra Steingraber, American biologist, author, and cancer survivor
And others. For more information, see: http://www.greenweek2014.eu/03062014-new-environmentalism-summit.html
>>Register for Green Week here!<<