Tanzania - Blue Economy
Blue Economy programme for Climate change adaptation
The Transformational Potential:
- To unlock the potential of the ocean and coastal economy and preserving its biodiversity
- To strengthen the country’s capacity to enforce environmental protection and climate resilience and, at the same time, bring direct and sustainable benefits to local communities from productive sectors.
The Team Europe Proposal:
1. Sustainable and integrated management of coastal ecosystems and river deltas:
- Marine and coastal areas spatial planning
- Fighting deforestation and biodiversity losses
- Protection of the environment and circular economy
2. Sustainable and productive use of the marine and coastal ecosystem:
- Marine Fisheries, aquaculture and coastal value chains
- Renewable and offshore Energy
- Coastal and Maritime eco-Tourism
3. Support to Ocean governance at global, national and local level:
- Capacity building on Blue economy.
- New and review of existing legislation and regulation.
- Law enforcement, surveillance, control and management measures for the Extended Economic Zone, satellite control (programme Copernicus).
- Government and donor community coordination mechanisms.
- Participation to multilateral mechanisms.
Geographical coverage: the “Swahili coast”, i.e. the Tanzanian Coastal area from North to South, Zanzibar archipelago and the islands in the country’s Economic Exclusive Zone.
About Tanzania - Blue Economy
- Green deal
- Human Development
- No Poverty
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water