South Sudan - Good governance
“Good governance, peace and rule of law for a just society”
The Transformational Potential: contribute to creating an inclusive and peaceful society in South Sudan that respects the rule of law, human rights and international humanitarian law (IHL).
The Team Europe Proposal:
1. Strengthen the rule of law for transition to a more legitimate state
2. Promote human rights: focus on women and girls
3. Enhance peacebuilding and democratic governance with the systematic participation of women and youth
4. Strengthen local communities’ resilience to mitigate negative effects of natural disasters and conflict
Key reform process pillar expected results:
- The permanent constitution making process supported.
- An enabling environment for elections created.
Conflict reduction and resilience at subnational level pillar expected results:
- Strengthened local peace building in conflict zones, inclusive of women and youth.
- Civil society to engage in peace, human rights, and local community resilience.
- Strengthened local administrations.
About South Sudan - Good governance
- Governance, Peace and Security
- Human Development
- No Poverty
- Gender Equality
- Reduced Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Peace and Justice Strong Institutions