Health in the Eastern Neighbourhood
Territorial coverage: Eastern Neighbourhood region
- Strengthening health resilience in the Eastern partner countries;
- Strengthening of health systems (including readiness and capacity to address future health emergencies) in the region.
The Team Europe Proposal:
The core of the TEI is an EU-funded vaccine preparedness and deployment programme.
The activities include:
1. Vaccine sharing mechanism
- Identify available vaccine stockpiles and match them with demand in EaP;
- Distribute equitably the vaccines donated/sold by MSs Expand visibility of Team Europe in EaP;
- Job shadowing scheme on health resilience.
2. Support the readiness and absorption capacity of partner countries for vaccines (WHO)
- Support/update national vaccine deployment plans;
- Procurement of essential supplies to deliver vaccines safely;
- Training of health workers on vaccine handling and vaccine characteristics;
- Scale up IT capacity and information management systems - EU-compliant COVID-19 digital certificates;
- Targeted (information) campaigns;
- Vulnerable groups, outreach vaccination activities in rural areas.
- TEI Infographic - Eastern Neighbourhood Region - Health - as of February 2022 (External Document)
About Health in the Eastern Neighbourhood
- No Poverty
- Good Health and Well-being
- Decent Work and Economic Growth