Georgia - Environment and Health
Green and Health Team Europe Initiative in Georgia
The Transformational Potential:
- To contribute to a multi-sectoral transformation towards a greener country more respectful of the environment and of the health of its citizens.
- To accelerate a long-term and complex societal transition in Georgia engaging the participation of all actors of society.
- To stimulate the creation of green jobs and reinforce the resilience of the country through reinforcing its attractiveness.
The Team Europe Proposal:
- TA and capacity building to institutions to ensure a proper implementation of the relevant legislation.
- Equipment for the institutions to ensure their functions of protection of the environment and health of the population.
- Climate: TA and change behaviour promotion.
- Better air quality and water quality: Monitoring stations, Water Supply and Sanitation, Public awareness
- Solid, Chemicals and hazardous Waste management.
- Equip the country with modern infrastructure to deliver a new level of services to citizens in the sectors of water, waste, and urbanisation - green cities.
- Equipment and tools to protect forestry and biodiversity: Sustainable forest management, Timber measurement technology, Green Transformation Georgia.
About Georgia - Environment and Health
Neighbourhood - Eastern
- Green deal
- Sustainable growth and jobs
- Good Health and Well-being
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action