Dominican Republic - Green and Sustainable Transition
Green and Sustainable Transition in the Dominican Republic
The Transformational Potential:
1. Contribute to a greener, sustainable and inclusive economic transition by supporting public and private sector to:
- promote greener economy initiatives
- improve business climate by enhancing transparency and embracing a culture of sustainable production and consumption.
2. Contribute to the integration of climate change and environmental safeguards in financial planning and public investments.
The Team Europe Proposal:
Promote a greener economy and foster the business environment by:
1. Improving public finance management and domestic resource mobilisation: green bonds, green public finance analysis – PEFA climate, CSOs oversight.
2. Developing the private sector and clean production practices: MSMEs’ access to finance, business and MSMEs development regulatory burdens reduction, focus on ones led by women and youth.
Promote Green Investments and Ecological Transition by:
1. Support increased access to water supply (sewage network and treated wastewater) and solid waste management systems through nature-based solutions for climate change adaptation and landscape restoration, eco-friendly tourism promotion, Haiti-DR binational and regional actions.
2. Contribute to the DR reduction of emissions: sustainable urban transport systems, investments in clean energy & use of renewable energies (solar and wind energy).
Ensure the mainstreaming of gender equality, inclusion of vulnerable groups and participation of local civil society organizations (CSOs) to sustain a democratic society and support social cohesion.
About Dominican Republic - Green and Sustainable Transition
- Green deal
- Sustainable growth and jobs
- Governance, Peace and Security
- Human Development
- No Poverty
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequality
- Partnerships to achieve the Goal