Cote d'Ivoire - Low Carbon
Transformational Potential: EU - Ivory Coast: Joint objective of sustainable growth with as little as possible environmental impact.
The Team Europe Proposal activities include:
1. Renewable energy production:
- Develop complementary electrification solutions.
- Develop power plants supplying the interconnected network
- Energy efficiency (reduce losses on the electricity network), transition to WAEMU standards
- Vocational training and education for professionals working in renewable energy sector & Research contributing to the operationalization of policies and job creation
- Promote fewer polluting modes of public and private transport
- Urban planning and restructuring process (low carbon mobility)
- Support the Government of Côte d'Ivoire to better measure the trajectory of its low-carbon transition, develop tools allowing it to assess its mitigation policies and better mobilize climate funds
3. Waste & Cooking Energy Recycling: An opportunity for a circular economy linked to biomass and its transformation.
- TEI Infographic - Cote d'Ivoire - Transition Bas Carbone - as of September 2021 (External Document)
About Cote d'Ivoire - Low Carbon
- Green deal
- Science, Technology, Innovation and Digital
- Sustainable growth and jobs
- Human Development
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Climate Action
- Life on Land