Burundi - Energy
Initiative Equipe Europe – Energie
The Transformational Potential:
- Support inclusive, green, sustainable, and job-creating growth in Burundi through access to sustainable energy services.
- Deep transformation of the Burundian economy and the gradual industrialization of the most promising sectors (first and foremost the agricultural sector).
The Team Europe Proposal:
1. Provide a joint response to the problem of access to sustainable energy services for the Burundian population:
P.1. Improve the regulatory and legal framework of the energy sector and promote private sector investment.
P.2. Improve the access of the Burundian population to electrical energy in both urban and rural areas.
P.3. Improve the access of the Burundian population to clean cooking systems, allowing a reduction in the impact on the country's natural resources.
P.4. Facilitate Burundi's role as a key player in regional electricity integration and interconnection.
2. Strengthen the role of Burundi as a key player in the EAC and the NELSAP program
About Burundi - Energy
- Green deal
- Sustainable growth and jobs
- Human Development
- No Poverty
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Climate Action