Pinned by group manager
About the group
This community of practice has been created to offer a direct link between learning and performance from different teams and units across European development agents. It is an important element of the Guidance Package on Social Protection across the Humanitarian-Development Nexus. The Guidance Package aims at generating knowledge products to make use of social protection systems and approaches as an effective strategy in fragile and conflict-affected environments, for addressing multivariate shocks, crises and forced displacements before, during, and after their occurrence, for supporting resilience, livelihood and inclusive growth in the long-term.
This Capacity4dev group is an exclusive space for staff working in the European Commission (EC) Headquarters, in European Union Delegations (EUDs) and in European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) Field offices to:
- comprehend the issue from both perspectives (with humanitarian and development lenses);
- take social protection on board in their analysis and definition of strategies;
- advocate for the issue internally and externally;
- work out procedures to support social protection mechanisms/systems/approaches; and
- help bridge the gap between relevant EC policies/commitments and operations in challenging contexts.
This community is not limited by formal structures and it is built on the experiences of its members and the knowledge products being developed by the team of experts of the Guidance Package. The interaction among members is facilitated by a knowledge manager commissioned by the Guidance Package.