2.4.11. Strengthening IE with attention to general or other specific vulnerable groups
Indicators: a) GP and LL on strengthening livelihoods of other vulnerable people in IE identified.
b) Challenges on strengthening livelihoods of other vulnerable people in IE identified and possible means to overcome challenges identified and analysed.
Data Analysis Methods: Identification of GP and LL on (other) vulnerable groups and IE. Analysis of GP and LL to determine adaptability and scalability. Identification of challenges identified during promotion and implementation on other vulnerable groups and IE and determine if/how these were overcome.
1) Promote the preparation and implementation of capacity strengthening of relevant national and local institutions to ensure the effective implementation of policies affecting vulnerable groups through national or local administrations.
2) When providing vulnerable households with tools and useful assets to enhance their livelihoods, spend time and resources to ensure high-quality material and to support receiving persons in properly handing the new tools.
3) Ensure that specific local institutions are involved and their capacities built on programmes/projects with vulnerable groups to help ensure their ownership and sustainability.
4) Determine if specific approaches or framework specific to the Indigenous Peoples are needed in specific locations where projects may be implemented.
Reference: Rodriguez-Ariza, Carlos, 2014, Typhoon Bopha Philippines: Application of Local Resource- based Employment Generation Approach (PHI/12/08/AUS) and Joint Response Based Employment Generations and Livelihood Recovery Interventions (PHI/13/03/AUS), Final Evaluation, Evaluation Summary, ILO, Geneva.
5) Use community-led wealth ranking exercises to select the most vulnerable beneficiaries instead of using applicants responses against capacity and vulnerability criteria as it can especially to errors of exclusion.
Reference: Mountfield, Ben; Dalmau, Agnes, 2010, Evaluation Report for Spanish Red Cross Evaluation of Livelihoods Projects Sri Lanka Tsunami Specific Plan, Final evaluation, Spanish Red Cross, Madrid.
SOURCE: RNSF research - Volume 4.2