2.1.6. Improvement of impact of policy frameworks
Indicators: Extent to which projects have found policy frameworks in countries to have a supportive impact on their beneficiaries. Reasons for extent to which frameworks have had positive and/or negative impact identified.
Data Analysis Methods: Systems analysis approach to determine contextual elements influencing effectiveness.
1. Ensure that project/programmes are well aligned with countries’ development priorities as opposed to those of the donors. Advocate to ensure that national policy-makers are in full support of the relevant social protection initiatives.
2. Promote institutionalisation of specific youth employment policy activities to ensure impact.
3. Advocate to increase expenditures on research/data collection to inform investments that will affect strengthening of rural enterprise management in subjects such as transport, storage facilities, marketing of farm and non-farm products/services, distribution of seeds, etc.
- Agriculture and Private Sector: Agriculture and growth evidence paper series. Sahin, Sila; Prowse, Martin; Wigh, Nadia, 2014.
- Fan, S. & Rao, N., 2003, Public spending in developing countries: trends, determination, and impact, Meta-analysis of evaluations.
- Reardon, T., 2012, The Quiet Revolution in Staple Food Value Chains in Asia
- Chamberlin, J. & Jayne, T.S, 2012, Unpacking the Meaning of 'Market Access
SOURCE: RNSF research - Volume 4.2