GOOD PRACTICE - (Geo) monitoring of Village Community Banks (VICOBAs) in Maasai rural areas. OIKOS, Tanzania.
Good Practice - (Geo) monitoring of Village Community Banks (VICOBAs) in Maasai rural areas.
Key Areas of Good Practice
- Development of Supportive Legal and Policy Frameworks (1.2 – 1.3)
- Advocacy Methods (1.2)
- Institution and capacity strengthening of implementing agency, project partners including (local) government agencies (1.9)
- Awareness raising among informal economy operators/workers and other stakeholders (4.3)
- Organising informal economy workers into associations, cooperatives or other officially registered groups (1.9)
- Community based savings and credit schemes (3.5)
- Providing support to informal economy operators/workers to access services (social protection services, business registration, access to formal savings and credit schemes, training, etc. (3.1)
- Community-based social protection (2.3- 4.4).