Eradicating Malaria Through Innovation: Where Next After 2015
On 27 January the Novartis Malaria Initiative invited development practitioners to an event at the European Parliament to discuss eradicating malaria through innovation.
You can watch the event in the video below, a copy of the agenda with the corresponding timings in the video can be found underneath.
- Welcome and introduction - MEP Nirj Deva [02:02] & MEP Cristian Dan Preda [10:04]
- Activities of the European Commission in the fight against malaria - Véronique Lorenzo, Head of Unit for Education, Health, Research and Culture in DG DEVCO [16:19]
- Staying Ahead of the Parasite – Innovating to Accelerate Malaria Elimination - Dr. Linus Igwemezie, Head of the Novartis Malaria Initiative [24:06]
- The importance of a Public-Private Partnership Model for Malaria - Dr. Elizabeth Juma, Senior Research Officer and Public Health Specialist, Kenya Medical Research Institute [32:57]
- Rationale for Malaria Elimination - Perspectives from an Endemic Country - Dr. David Reddy, CEO, Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) [40:09]
- Moderated by Frédéric Simon, EurActiv