6. Interviews: Representatives of the Civil Society - Conference "Guardians of the forests" - 10 years of EU FLEGT
In October, Members of the European Parliament Fiona Hall (Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats of Europe), Yannick Jadot (Group of the Green) and the environmental NGO Fern hosted a high-level conference entitled “Guardians of the Forests?” at the European Parliament in October, where they expressed their support to the VPA processes and the need to strengthen civil society in partner countries, in order to make the VPAs effective.
Below you will find several interviews with representatives of the Civil Society who participated at this event. For more information please read the Voices & Views on this event: Guardians of the Forests. You can also view a stream from the event.
1. Interview with Samuel Mensah Mawutor, Forest Watch (coalition of NGOs and individuals working in the forest sector) Ghana
2. Interview with Richelieu Zue Obame, Point focal Flegt/APV pour la société civile gabonaise et Coordonnateur du Programme de Gouvernance forestière de l’organisation Brainforest
3. Glenda Rodriguez, Manager Progressio Latina, Sociedad Civil, Honduras
4. Nora Bowier, Liberia’s coordinator of FLEGT and representative of the Sustainable Development Institute