Do more through capacity4dev
3.NEW version of Interactive worldmap of FLEGT Projects is launched
The Map of FLEGT projects is an interactive tool for sharing information and coordinating action in support of the EU FLEGT Action Plan. FLEGT combats illegal logging and fosters good forest governance through a combination of measures involving Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade.
The Map is hosted by the EU FLEGT Facility. For more information or assistance in embedding it in your website, contact the Facility at info [at] euflegt.efi.int.
- The European Union has launched the Map of FLEGT projects, a new interactive tool for sharing information and coordinating action in support of the EU FLEGT Action Plan.
- FLEGT combats illegal logging and fosters good forest governance through a combination of measures involving Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade.
- The Map of FLEGT projects provides information on past and ongoing FLEGT projects around the world. You can search for FLEGT projects by country, theme and organisation. The Map provides detailed information on project objectives, progress, budgets and participants, as well as stories, photos and videos.
- The Map includes some 100 FLEGT projects funded by the European Union, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID), Germany’s corporation for international cooperation (GIZ) and other organisations. This number is growing as more FLEGT organisations add their projects.
- Help to foster coordinated action on FLEGT and contribute to the global fight against illegal logging by adding your projects to the Map and embedding the Map in your website. You can customise the Map to showcase your organisation’s interests and FLEGT actions. The Map is already embedded in the websites of the European Commission, FAO, Capacity4dev and the EU FLEGT Facility.