EFI seeks a writer/editor for the EU FLEGT and REDD facilities
The European Forest Institute (EFI) is seeking a Communication Officer to support the implementation of the EU FLEGT and REDD facilities’ communication strategies with a focus on writing and editing publications and web-based multimedia content. More specifically, he/she will:
- Conceptualise, write and edit content about FLEGT and REDD+.
- Adapt and repurpose content for various audiences and news media, including web content, speeches, publications, briefings, talking points, key messages, presentations, videos, illustrations.
- Oversee daily and annual programming, management and efficient implementation of editorial services, to provide timely, accurate and high-quality multimedia content for specific audiences.
- Manage and supervise a stable of writers, editors and translators, manage contracts and evaluate performance.
- Formulate editorial policy and processes, style guides and standards and advice authors, management, facilities’ experts and close partners on editorial matters.
- Degree in journalism, communication or other related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum seven years’ experience writing and editing text in English.
- Experience transforming highly technical information into easily accessible plain-language content for a variety of audiences and in multimedia formats.
- Exceptional copy editing skills and ability to support writers from varied backgrounds.
- Ability to work on complex and politically sensitive issues with a large range of stakeholders.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary environment.
- Experience in communicating about forest and natural resource related issues, and working with/in developing countries an advantage.
- Native level command of English language; fluency in French an advantage.