EFI seeks a Natural Resources and Forest Governance Practitioner for the EU FLEGT Facility
The European Forest Institute is seeking a Natural Resources / Forest Governance Practitioner to join the EU FLEGT Facility to advance forest governance in Central Africa. More specifically, he/she will:
- Lead the facility work in several Congo Basin countries, including managing multiple projects and contracts, and supporting national and bilateral processes
- Engage, guide and share lessons with national stakeholders related to addressing forest governance challenges and drivers of deforestation, increasing transparency, strengthening legal and regulatory frameworks, and implementing institutional enhancements
- Assist countries in their development and implementation of systems to increase accountability, control timber origin and legality along the timber supply chain, implement institutional and policy reform, and structure stakeholder inclusion in sector reform processes
- Assist the EU in their dialogue with timber producing countries to improve forest governance, in particular in negotiating and implementing Voluntary Partnership Agreements
- Contribute to FLEGT regional and global activities, including dialogue with regional organisations and initiatives
- MSc/MA or equivalent in experience in natural resource management, political science, organisational management, economics, forestry, or a related and suitable field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in organisational management, forestry, public administration, natural resources management, extractive industries and related trade, development cooperation or related field.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken French and English. Proficiency in Spanish is an asset.
Deadline for applications is 14 August 2017.