Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) of Montenegro’s National Climate Change Strategy
The Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) of Montenegro’s National Climate Change Strategy (NCCS) is prepared in response to Montenegro’s SEA Law (2005). This SEA aims:
- To contribute to the reforms in the area of environment and climate change in Montenegro in order to comply with obligations from the climate change acquis ensuring the continuity of a recently initiated assistance provided to the beneficiaries in the Sector and to avoid delays in implementation of already planned support.
- To assist in achieving environmental protection and sustainable development by:
- Consideration of environmental effects of proposed strategic actions;
- Identification of the best practicable environmental option;
- Early warning of cumulative effects and large-scale changes.
The end objective of the SEA is to enhance the environmental performance of the NCCS, minimising its potential environmental impacts.