Workshop on employment and decent work in Africa
On Wednesday 30 June - Day 1 will explain what the joint Africa-EU
Strategy is, followed by a presentation of AU and EU policies in
particular in the area of employment, social protection and other decent
work related issues.
On Thursday 1 July - Day 2 the workshop will be divided in the four
below working groups:
- Skills development and labour market needs/employment including for
- Improving working conditions and extending social protection
coverage in the informal economy including migrant workers.
- Affordability, fiscal space and long term sustainability of
country-defined and social protection systems in Africa in line with AU
Social Policy Framework for Africa and the UN Social Protection Floor
- Presentation of employment-creation measures such as employment
intensive methods in particular within infrastructure.
On Friday 2 July - Day 3 the outcome documents from the four working groups
will be presented. This will be followed by a discussion on human
rights. The afternoon will be devoted on the way forward.
It is expected that the workshop
reaches the following results:
- The participants will have a better understanding and knowledge of
various approaches used by EU member states and African states for their
consideration in national, regional and continental related strategies
- Improved understanding and solutions for addressing employment
policies and strategies;
- Identify areas of common interest for further cooperation between