Group info
More info

DDD: Second call for proposals for Street Theatre Projects

Do you have a proposal that will use street theatre to challenge racism and discrimination in your society?

Med Culture's official website is now online! Discover a wide set of databases, resources, news, info-graphics, etc. - on - You can also follow up on latest updates via Med Culture social media channels. This group will continue to be used for collaborative purposes (gathering views and ideas, exchanging lessons…) and for the main material of the programme that we would like to keep on the long term. Thank you for your understanding.

1431002930_house.png   1430998878_facebook.png Facebook   1431002195_twitter.png Twitter   1431002282_instagram.png Instagram

“Drama, Diversity and Development” project (DDD) is seeking to fund outstanding street theatre projects focusing on ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities (including refugees).

Each project should aim to create profound and vibrant impact whilst also strengthening the capacity of its creators and team. Moreover, projects will need to durably impact organizations and activists in the art and minority sectors by fostering collaborations and networking and improving local capacities.

In the framework of the European Union (EU) funded regional programme “Med Culture”, Minority Rights Group International, in partnership with the Prince Claus Fund for Culture and Development, the Civic Forum Institute Palestine, and Andalus Institute for Tolerance and Anti-Violence Studies, is currently seeking proposals from artist groups, civil society organizations and companies for the street theatre section of the “Drama, Diversity and Development” project (DDD).

Creativity is a powerful medium for expressing diverse realities and instigating positive social change. MRG encourages street theatre as a valuable channel of expression for minority rights as well as a tool to encourage dialogue and reflection in communities and society at large.

Selected projects, which will last 10 months, will receive funding from €35,000 up to €85,000 to cover up to 75% of their budget. The remaining 25% will need to be raised by the applicant as match funding.

This program will be implemented in the Southern Mediterranean Region. Please see a possible indication of some relevant minorities per country in the guidelines.

Deadline: 4th May 2015, 21:00 (GTM)

Please read the following documents before applying:

Please fill in the documents below and submit them to You should write the following details on the subject line: concept note, organisation’s name, and country.

Only applications in English, French and Arabic will be accepted.

DDD is one of three cultural projects funded by the EU within the regional programme “Med culture”, funded by the European Union to accompany partner countries in south of the Mediterranean in the development and improvement of cultural policies and practices related to the culture sector, in partnership with civil society actors, ministries, private and public institutions involved in culture as well as other related sectors.

For more information please click here  

Register or log in to comment

Info posted by

Suhair Muhye Al Deen
2 April 2015

Do more through capacity4dev