Regional training in the Pacific: Budget Support & Blending
This regional training aims at supporting the Delegation of the European Union in the Pacific (Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste) in relation to :
- Budget Support modality and its effective implementation;
- Complementarity between Budget Support and Blending modalities.
Representatives from the small islands states that start with Sector Reform Contracts (Fiji, RMI, Tuvalu, Vanuatu) and where the EU has ongoing SRCs (Cook, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste) are also invited.
Four days will be about Budget Support, one day will be dedicated to Blending. The event aims at enabling participants to:
- Understand the objectives and instruments of this aid modality and the political challenges;
- Understand the basics of a Sector Reform Contract and a State Building Contract;
- Appreciate the four eligibility criteria and their application, notably for Small Islands Development States (SIDS);
- Formulate a Budget Support programme, including performance assessment and variable tranche design with relevance to a SIDS;
- Have the basis of the evaluation of a Budget Support programme;
- Have a good understanding of Blending mechanisms.