Land and Poverty Conference 2017: Responsible Land Governance—Towards an Evidence Based Approach
The 18th Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty will be held at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington D.C. from March 20 to 24, 2017.
The conference theme will be: Responsible Land Governance: Towards an Evidence Based Approach. The 6 main areas of debate (with more specific themes under each area) during this conference will be:
- Research on land governance and rigorous impact evaluations
- Harnessing geospatial data, cloud platforms and other data technologies for tenure security
- Securing land rights for equity, sustainability and resilience
- Delivering land administration services at scale
- Land rights and space for investment, infrastructure, disaster risk reduction; environment
- Land and urbanization.
The World Bank invites to submit abstract for an individual paper by October 31, 2016 via Conftool Conference Administration. Acceptance will be notified by 30 November 2016 and full paper must be uploaded by February 15, 2017.
Further information concerning The World Bank work on land are available at: World Bank Working Papers on Land Research and LGAF (Land Governance Assessment Framework) Working Papers.