Regional Planning Workshop - Pacific Region
A major output of the Hub and Spokes Programme Consolidation Phase is the design and development of a successor programme for the ACP regions. The programme hosted the first workshop in Suva, Fiji for the Pacific Region during the period 12 – 14 March 2018.
The main objectives of the workshop were to:
- develop strategic and specific objectives for a successor programme in the Pacific region relating to trade policy and development
- identify specific needs of the Pacific region, as well as common ACP priorities relating to trade policy and development
- explore funding opportunities and collaboration with other strategic partners for a successor programme
The outcomes of the workshop include:
- Understanding the trade needs and priorities of the Pacific region;
- Developing and designing a model framework for a successor programme (for the Pacific region) that addresses these needs and priorities.