GCCA+ side event @ UNFCCC COP22 at EU pavilion (Bratislava Room)
On 9 November 2016, the Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA+) will be hosting an event alongside the COP22 UN Climate Change Conference which takes place in Marrakesh, Morocco, from 7-18 November.
The GCCA+ side-event will highlight and discuss new practices, processes and partnerships being tested as part of efforts to advance the field of climate adaptation. The interactive session will identify solutions that can be realistically adopted and implemented by stakeholders on the ground, while ensuring results correspond to the needs of societies.
Leading speakers will share their insights during the event which is scheduled to take place between 16:30-18:00 in the EU Pavilion.
- Representatives from the Commission’s Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO)
- Peter Jackson, Director of Development Finance Practice Area, United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
- Barbara Buchner, Executive Director, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI)
- Annaka Peterson, Senior Programme Officer of the Adaptation Finance Accountability Initiative (OXFAM, Overseas Development Institute, World Resources Institute)
- Santhosh Jayaram, Partner and Head of Sustainability and CSR Advisory (KPMG India)
The session will be structured around four themes which provide stimulating content, debate and ideas to help a range of stakeholders including policy-makers, fund managers, climate scientists, and all relevant local and regional actors from both the private and public sectors.
- Direct action on countries’ domestic policy and budgeting frameworks
- Ensuring adaptation finance effectively reaches those who need it the most
- Incentives for low-carbon growth through green SMEs
- Putting innovation to drive finance for climate resilience under the spotlight