Green Talents 2017: Global Competition for Young Researchers in Sustainable Development – apply now!
Are you an up-and-coming scientist with innovative ideas and a strong focus on sustainable development? Does your research have the potential to change the world? Convince the high-ranking expert jury and become one of the 25 Green Talents 2017!
The prestigious 'Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development' is hosted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas. The award is open to all disciplines related to sustainable development. Award-winners are granted unique access to Germany’s research elite.
- Become a Green Talent and promote your sustainability research in Germany
- Become part of an exclusive network of excellent young researchers
- Enjoy a two-week visit to German sustainability hot spots, individual appointments with experts and a fully financed research stay of up to three months
Sustainable development means finding a balance between the need for socio-economic development, the protection of the environment, and the preservation of our earth for present and future generations. These topics of global political relevance demand international research cooperation. The 2017 Green Talents competition will address these topics with a special focus on the theme of 'Sustainable Production and Consumption'.
The 'Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development' was launched in 2009 by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and honours 25 young researchers each year.
'Long-lasting contacts between up-and-coming talent and established experts have an important role to play here. This is why the Green Talents competition aims to build up an extensive, interdisciplinary network of experts from science and industry to work together on the key objectives of shaping the future, transforming global challenges into opportunities, and creating liveable and decent conditions for all', explains Minister and patron of the award Johanna Wanka.
Since its inception, the award has recognised 182 young researchers and scientists from 51 nations for their outstanding achievements and contributions to making their communities, countries and societies more sustainable. The award-winners are selected by a jury of renowned German experts and are granted unique access to Germany's research elite.
The 2017 Green Talents award includes:
- an invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2017, consisting of
- a visit to leading German science and research facilities with unique insights from experts at these institutions
- individual appointments with German experts of the winner’s choice to discuss opportunities for research and cooperation
- networking opportunities at the award ceremony in Berlin with participating Green Talents alumni
- a fully funded research stay of up to three months at an institution of the award-winner´s choice in 2018
- exclusive and unique access to the Green Talents alumni network.
Deadline for submission: 23 May 2017, 12 p.m. CEST.
DLR Project Management Agency
European and International Cooperation