Your rights>… as an immigrant - Finland
Last update: 08/03/2013 @ 11:00:05
- CEREN - The Centre for Research on Ethnic Relations and Nationalism
The aims of CEREN are to conduct and support research and teaching in the field, mainly in social and ”human” sciences, gather and document Finnish research and research results in this area, arrange relevant seminars and postgraduate teaching, develop national and international networks for research and teaching and work together with official bodies and immigrant and minority groups in the struggle against racism and xenophobia. This link goes to a Swedish site.
- http://sockom.helsinki.fi/ceren/ [EN][FI][SV]
- Fimu - The Finnish Multicultural Sports Federation
- Sport organisation of immigrants in Finland.
- http://www.fimu.org [FI]
- Finnish Immigration Service
- The Finnish Immigration Service gives you information on immigration principles and practices applied in Finland. The Finnish Immigration Service was called Directorate of Immigration before year 2008. It works in matters related to migration, asylum, refugeeism and citizenship. It also implements Finland's migration policy. Some information available also in Russian, French, Albanian, Arabic, Portuguese, Somali and Kurdish.
- http://www.migri.fi/netcomm/?language=FI [EN][FI][SV]
- Finnish Refugee Advice Center - Pakolaisneuvonta ry
- The Finnish Refugee Advice Centre is a non-governmental organisation founded in 1988 by other Finnish NGOs. The Refugee Advice Centre provides legal aid and advice to asylum seekers, refugees and other foreigners in Finland.
- http://www.pakolaisneuvonta.fi [EN][FI][SV]
- Foreigners working in Finland
- These pages of the Employment and Economic Development Office provide information for employers hiring foreigners and foreigners coming to work in Finland or already living in Finland.
- http://www.mol.fi/mol/en/02_working/05_foreigners/index.jsp [EN][ET][FI][RU][SV]
- Hakunila International Society
- The Hakunila International Society (Hakunilan kansainvälinen yhdistys) was established in 1998. Its objective in the Hakunila International Society is to promote the awareness and knowledge of the different cultures and advance multicultural activity in the Helsinki area. Some information also in Russian, Somali and Arabic.
- http://www.hakunila.org [EN][FI]
- Info Bank - Infopankki
- The pages of Info Bank contain important basic information for immigrants on the functioning of society and opportunities in Finland. The links take you to information on the services of authorities and organisations.
- http://www.infopankki.fi/ [SQ][AR][ZH][HR][EN][ET][FI][FR][FA][RU][SR][ES][SV][TR]
- Institute of Migration - Siirtolaisinstituutti
- The tasks of the Institute of Migration are: to promote the collection, storage and documentation of research material relating to international and internal migration including immigrants and refugees, to carry out and to promote migration research, to publish research reports, books and articles on migration, and to develop co-operation between the universities and special organisations related to migration, both within Finland and abroad.
- http://www.migrationinstitute.fi [EN][FI][SV]
- Kela – The Social Insurance Institution of Finland
- Kela is a major provider of social security benefits for all residents of Finland.
- http://www.kela.fi/in/internet/suomi.nsf/ [EN][FI][SV]
- Register office - Maistraatit
- The local register offices are responsible for maintaining their regional Population Information System and their local information services.
- http://www.maistraatti.fi/kotikunta.html [EN][FI][SV]
- Stories of immigrants
- Here you will find experiences of foreigners in Finland. These foreigners explain about their live experience in Finland, they have come to Finland for different reasons.
Parts of stories are translated into English, Somalian and Russian.
- http://www.kaapeli.fi/mamu [EN][FI]
- Suomi.fi - portal for Finnish public sector
- Suomi.fi is a one-stop portal for Finnish public sector online services. Suomi.fi is a collection of information important for the everyday lives of citizens and produced by public administration organisations and major national non-governmental organisations. It contains also information about immigration, guidance for immigrants and integration as well as moving abroad.
- http://www.suomi.fi/suomifi/english/subjects/migration/index.html [EN][FI][SV]