We noticed that you are using an older version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. This website is optimised for Internet Explorer version 9 and later, so please consider upgrading your browser so that you can enjoy all of this website's features. Visit the Microsoft website http://www.microsoft.com to download a newer version of Internet Explorer.
Information about volunteering opportunities
Information about jobs, entrepreneurship, traineeships and holiday work
Education and training opportunities across Europe
Have your say about politics and society, and participate in Structured Dialogue
Arts and entertainment, science and innovation at your fingertips
Everything about your health, well-being and sports
Your rights and services to feel secure and safe
Discovering the world beyond Europe
Practical information about travelling in Europe
|EVS accreditation type||
|EVS accreditation expiry date||29/05/2015|
EVS accreditation number
For more information about volunteering and European Voluntary Service in particular, visit the Voluntary Activities section of this website.Please note, information about organisations and projects is only available in English.
The mission of our organization is to promote equality of opportunities, education development and intercultural understanding, in line with European values.
The European Voluntary Service allows young people to get closer to other cultures and learn about the needs of justice and solidarity of the most disadvantaged.
As a sending organization, Abay will give the chance to volunteers to participate in a cooperation development project, by performing the followings tasks:
- Submit the application to the EVS programme.
- Manage and coordinate the project in cooperation with all hosting organizations.
- Learning process: support the volunteers during learning and evaluation processes. On its return, Abay will help the young to deal with Youthpass Certificate.
- Support the volunteers over the course of the programme: arrange with the host organizations a visa for the volunteers and a EVS group Insurance plan, assist and support them to solve any difficulties before, during or after their stay.
- Keep in contact with the volunteers and with the host organizations during the project.
- Volunteer’s return: Facilitate their reintegration, advise them on any issue linked to the participation in EVS programme, and encourage them to participate in activities so that their experiences are shared (e.g. seminars, information campaigns, the annual EVS event) contributing to the dissemination of the results of the project at the same time.
Abay will assume the financial and administrative responsibility for the entire project towards the National Agency or the Executive Agency.
Abay has not participated in EVS Programme yet but, it has relied on volunteers to develop its previous projects. The organization has had several experiences in sending and coordinating volunteers.
Abay is a non profit organization which promotes equality of opportunities, education development and intercultural understanding.
Our activities are focused on the following objectives:
- Foster and promote a better understanding about Ethiopian culture.
- Collaborate and implement cooperation development projects to improve the quality of life of those populations in need.
- Promote solidarity and foster people’s personal commitment to the defence of Human rights and liberties.
- Prevention and Health education.
- Facilitate children adoption from Ethiopia and defend their rights.
Our activities involve:
- Advice and assist families interested in adopting.
- Participate and implement programs of Prevention and Health education.
- Organize conferences, debates, cultural acts linked to Ethiopia and children adoption process.
- Sign agreements with Administrations Organizations and public and private entities to foster human development networks.
- Organize and support volunteers who work in cooperation development projects.
Abay was honoured with Natura award and count with the support of the AECID.
The main beneficiary of Abay’s activities is Ethiopian population, and also families who have adopted children from that country or are willing to do it.
Abay has 14 headquarters and 78 collaborators.
|Organisation name||ABAY (Nilo Azul), asociación para el desarrollo en Etiopia|
|Street||C/ Duque de Mandas 36 -1 – 9ñ|
Last update: 28/06/2012