Volunteering in Bear Sanctuary Prishtina
This is a project which aims to provide opportunities for one volunteer who wish to get involved in animal welfare projects for a period of 6 months. The volunteer will be part of the team which is responsible to carry on the daily activities at the BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina, where 19 bears rescued from bad circumstances in captivity are provided with conditions where they are able to live according to their needs and characteristic behaviour. The daily routine includes tasks like preparing food for bears, monitoring their behaviour, keeping the data and making enrichment for bears. There are also chances to observe veterinary procedures. The volunteer will have also interaction with visitors as well they will help all the programs happening at the sanctuary (events, workshops, educational activities with students etc.). BEAR SANCTUARY Prishtina is a project founded by the animal welfare organization FOUR PAW International with its headquarters in Vienna.Prevedi
nastanitev, prehrana in prevoz
The volunteer will be accommodated in our education center where he/she will have a room with a small kitchen and a bathroom and all necessary appliances (stove, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.).Prevedi
usposabljanje med projektom
Learning activities will be diverse:
- volunteers will have the opportunity to take part in workshops and lots of discussions about animal welfare,
- they will find the opportunity to learn about FOUR PAWS’ practices, standards and measures used in regards of animal welfare,
- they will be trained how to coordinate work camps with volunteers,
- will learn about bears,
- learn about the tradition of local people,
- coexistence in peace with wilderness etc..
- experience cultural exchanges.
We are seeking for a volunteer who is motivated to support our programs, ready to gain new competencies, open to new ideas and approaches, someone who has several skills in cultural, social and environmental projects. We expect from the volunteer to be respectful, open-minded, to desire to volunteer in teamwork, as well as we want him/her to be responsible, autonomous and eager to take initiative.Prevedi
If you are interested, please send us an email with your CV, a covering letter and also the name and the contact of your sending organisation. Please write to: email@example.comPrevedi
Udeleženci z omejenimi možnostmi
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.