Voluntering in Salesian youth centre Ostrava
We are looking for volunteers who want to learn how to work with children at the age from 6 till 15, or younger. Our EVS project is focused on Roma minority that we are working with. Volunteers will be working with children mainly in their leisure time, in the aftenoon school club.
- working in oratory - open club for children,
- helping with after school tutoring,
- helping with workshops according to the interest of volunteer - music, dancing, sport, creativity and many other,
- going to some socially excluded areas of Ostrava and help workers in the program Oratory in the streets,
- preparing different events,
- preparing presentation for primary schools,
- running your own miniproject.
accommodation, food and transport arrangements
Accomodation will be in unoversity dormitories, each volunteer will have his/her own room with standard equipment and also with internet connection. Boys can be also accomodated directly in the leisure centre dormitories.
Volunteers can have all day meal in dormitories or they can eat also in the centre. There is always a possibility to heat the food or go for a menu to a restaurant, or go to the leisure time canteen.
Volunteers will get travel card for public transport, all costs connected to work will be covered.
training during the project
Volunteers will participate in trainings organized by the Czech National Agency - pre-departure and mid-term training.
They will also have a possibility to participate in different workshops organized by coordinating organisation - for example team work, writing projects and so on.
Every volunteer will also have a czech lessons.
We are looking for volunteers who are motivated to learn and especially who want to learn how to work with children. We don't have any other preferences. We are christian organisation so volunteers should be respectfull to it- Volunteers must be older than 18 years.Translate
how to apply
If you are interested, send us an email with your CV and motivation letter. Please answer these questions:
1. Why did you decide to apply?
2. What can you offer?
3. What would you like to learn?
We would be very happy if you send us a creative preentation of yourself.
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.