EKOenergy for all
EKOenergy is an international not-for-profit ecolabel for sustainable renewable energy.
We are now looking for EVS volunteers to help us in 2018.
If you are particularly interested in 1 or more of the following issues, let us know:
- Promotion work and networking: promotion of renewable energy in general and promotion of our EKOenergy-label in particular. This means that you have to be in contact with energy companies and with energy consumers. (Mainly via phone and via Skype)
- Fishes and river ecosystems: to work on our hydropower criteria
- Layout and design: development of leaflets, brochures, webpages...
- Social media
- IT and development of webpages: to help us with the further development of our website
All tasks happen from our office in Helsinki (The office is hosted by the Finnish Association for Nature Conservation, Suomen luonnonsuojeluliitto).
The volunteers will cooperate with about 7-10 other volunteers, from 10 countries.
accommodation, food and transport arrangements
Accommodation: volunteers get a private room in an apartment shared with students.
Volunteers also get money to buy food, a bus ticket for transportation within Helsinki, language course, health insurance and EVS pocket money.
Travel: we pay the travel from your home country to Finland (and return)
Requirements: Enthusiastic, proactive, team players who are eager to learn, help and develop. Interest in the environment and renewable energy is essential.
training during the project
- Pre-arrival training by the sending organisation
- On arrival training organised by the Finnish national EVS Agency
- Information on climate change, renewable energy, renewable energy policy, the electricity market ...
The volunteers will be part of the young and dynamic EKOenergy team. They should be eager and enthusiastic to promote nature-friendly renewable energy. We are looking for team players, interested in initiating and managing own activities and sub-projects.Translate
how to apply
Please send your CV & motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - NOTE: We read all CVs but we are not able to send more than a short confirmation that the message has arrived (we usually get more than 30 applications per position.)
For each position, we invite 5 candidates for a Skype intervie
See e.g. our Annual report 2016: http://www.ekoenergy.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/EKOenergy_Annual_Report_2016.compressed.pdfTranslate