Associação Juvenil de Peniche
description of organisation
The youth association of Peniche was founded in 1990 and we organise projects in the social, cultural and international areas:
Cultural – We developed Cultural weeks, book markets, fashion shows, recycled workshop’s, theatre workshop’s, national exchanges.
Social – We developed the follow projects: holiday’s camps, free time activity center for 40 children’s from 6 until 10 years old. And we have “SPOT” a project for youngsters (11 to 15 years old).
International – Since 1996 that we developed work in this field like Exchanges, Seminars, Study visits and European Voluntary Service.
The aims of our organisation are:
- To support the development of the children and young people through the promotion of artistic and ludic sensibility for the areas of musical, dramatic and social expression.
- To Convince the children and youth for the acquisition of socials competitions and healthy habits.
- To promote the social integration through the implementation of preventative work and to influence attitude in relation to social exclusion.
All the days we have regular projects for children’s and youngsters:
Free activities center – 40 children’s from 6 until 10 years old.
Out door – a project for youngsters from 11 until 16 years old.
On the both projects we developed activities connected with sports, education, environment, plastic arts and social competencies.
Those activities are developed on the building that belongs to the city hall.
We made part of some local organisms like:
- ADEPE – Organisation for the development of Peniche, we are members of the direction;
- CPCJ – Comission for the protection of the children’s of Peniche, with some social situations be accompagnment by us.
- Social Networking – We are members on the direction. This organism that is responsible for all the social projects and structures in the city of Peniche.
For our activities we are supported by the city hall, Youth Portuguese Institute and local enterprises. The organisation has 7 persons working, 1 at part time and other 6 at full time.
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects|
|Project name||Project Dates||Deadline||Status|
|Activities with childrens||
A total of 0 week(s) during the period
May 2015 to Dec 2015
01/05/2015 - 30/12/2015