description of organisation
Arterra Bizimodu”is an association which aims to create a living space to experience sustainability in 4 dimensions: ecologically, economically, socially and culturally.Hence, the development and realization of training courses aimed at the dissemination of this lifestyle.
We have installed in an old rural college, with more than 7,000 square meters built in a co-housing project .
Bearing this in mind, we are developing:
1. a living project based on an ecohousing model. Ecovillage.
2. a training space to develop new skills and the dissemination of tools towards a new way of life (Transition School)
3. various permaculture and organic gardening projects, focusing on food sovereignty.
4. a variety of artsbased projects focused on music and sculpture.
5. research projects in economics through a complementary currency ( "terrones").
6. a social experiment in governance based on sociocracy.
7. an economic lifestyle model to provide solutions to the crisis in Spain, with a low cost co-
housing and the implementation of an internal social currency in the ecovillage.
8. networking:collaborate with other organizations and institutions for a transition towards a sustainable lifestyle.
Our activities calendar: practices in the garden, in the composter henhouse, bio building. Networking activities: maintenance of the web and social networks in the Gen europe office audiovisual activities; bio construction. Collaboration in everyday tasks: dining, cleaning etc Arterra's unique facilities and commitment of all the members in writing to the creation of an international training center makes it a good host for european volunteers projects. There are ample project work spaces and guest living spaces as well as competent trainers and training activities with youth and adults ongoing throughout the year.
Participants with fewer opportunities
- This organisation has a physical environment suitable for young people with physical, sensory or other disabilities (such as wheelchair access and similar.
- This organisation has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar.
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects|