"People need people" Zaporizhya oblast civic organisation of disabled families
description of organisation
The story of NGO of disabled families "People need people" began in 1999, when the boy named Ivan was born in Nataliia Yermilova family. The diagnosis Cerebral Palsy sounded like a verdict - there was no qualified help and just information for families which have children with special needs. But Ivan’s mum did not lose heart and started to look for ways how to help her boy Ivan. Together with other parents, whose children suffer from CP, Autism and Down Syndrome Nataliia has decided to open a rehabilitation centre for children with disabilities and organize an NGO to unite families with disabled children - “People need People”. The organisation's mission is to bring help to children and adults with disabilities, and their families, by providing trainings, therapy and rehabilitation in physical, psycological, social, pedagogical and cognitive fields. Our key objectives also include integrating children/adult with disabilities and their families into society, providing art and educational trainings, organization charity events.
Amongst our everyday activities:
- work of multifunctional team of rehabilitologists for children with disabilities and their families (physical therapist, psychologist, psychotherapist, social worker, orthotist)
- organise educational and informational seminars and meetings for families which have children with special needs about methods and approaches in rehabilitology (Feldenkrais, Bobath, Doman etc)
- provide legal support for families with disabled children, protect the dignity and rights of people with disabilities
- help children/adults with special needs get more out of their free time by organising different kind of activities (common holydays, excursions, cinema/theatr trips, museum visits, support groups, travelling)
- promote volunteer's movement and NGO's work in our region
We often organise different fundraising events and trying to capture the attention of people of our home city and officials to the problems of disabled people. Due to the difficult economic situation in the country, lack of support from the Government, we survive only thanks to donations from children's parents, sponsors, and grants from foundations "Krona", "Towards the dream", "Patriot of Zaporizhzhya". We are in search of support from anyone who care for problems of children with disabilities and hope that our dream - to create the Centre with high European standards and rehabilitation techniques - will come true...
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
|Inclusion category||Receiving projects||Sending projects||Coordinating projects|