NATO Internship Programme
The NATO Internship Programme has four main objectives:
- to provide the Organisation with access to the latest theoretical and technical knowledge that the intern can apply through practical work assignments, as well as with additional staff resources.
- to provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community and get a better understanding and a more balanced view of the Organisation.
- to contribute to creating a more diverse workforce.
- to expand understanding of NATO in Alliance countries.
What does NATO offer?
- Interns will benefit by experiencing an international organisation from the inside while substantiating their Curriculum Vitae.
- Internships are offered in the NATO Divisions
- Remuneration: Interns receive a lump sum of EUR 800 per month. The salary is not exempt from taxation.
In addition to NATO HQ, the following NATO Agencies and Bodies offer internships via NATO HQ.
Current students and recent graduates (1 year) with:
- Age: over 21 at the time of internship (for insurance purposes)
- Nationality: nationals of a NATO Member State
- Studies: at least two years of university study or equivalent
- Languages: proficiency in one of the official NATO languages (English/French); desirable working knowledge of the other.
- Interns are required to have health insurance coverage, and to take care of formalities with Belgian authorities regarding their stay in Belgium
All interns will require a security clearance from their national authorities prior to working at NATO.
There is one call for applications per year, in Spring, with two starting dates, in September and March the following year. Internships will in principle last 6 months.