Global Youth Action Network
It’s easier to change the world as a group than by yourself. The Global Youth Network (GYAN) pulls together the power of young people and the youth organisations they represent to achieve that goal!
What is GYAN?
GYAN is an international youth organisation that creates an alliance between youth movements around the world, encouraging collaboration to maximise the collective impact of youth action.
What do they offer?
- An online community with web-based tools to support cooperation between youth groups
- Information & resources
- Opportunities for you to take part in global decision-making, work alongside people of all ages and make a difference!
What’s in it for you?
Your organisation can join the Global Youth Action Network - representing a huge and growing alliance of youth-led and youth-serving organisations in more than 190 countries.
What have GYAN achieved so far?
- Helped set a record level of official Youth Delegates to the United Nations General Assembly in 2000 and continues to help young people get involved in the UN's work.
- Established Youth Advisory Councils for UN agencies, governments, and NGOs.
- Identified the issues faced by/needs of the youth groups and helped them accordingly, building coalitions such as the Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS (GYCA), the Youth Movement for Democracy, and others.
- Encouraged young people to take an active part in achieving the Millennium Development Goals.