Get your rights work!!!
Working is is the main way to be inside social life to develop yourself as an individual: you learn, have relationships out of your daily environment. It let you get in touch with the real world and earn money for a living.
Your boss will be demanding of you: be at time and he wants to make a good job. In return, you should receive a fair and regular salary. He should arrange the workplace in order you can do your task in a safe way, (suitable outfit, a neat and illuminated workplace .
National laws regulate all these things Anyway, you should know there are are minimum rights at work protected by international laws, by international treaties.
Be hired signing a contract.
Always, it should be a contract, even by words, between employer and employee.
Usually is written and it contents, at least all these terms:
- Names and addresses from both: employer and employee
- Description of the positions and the tasks it supposed to do
- Workplace description
- Salary, ( and their concepts)
- The amount of hours/ week you’ll be at work
- Contract starting date and end ( it it were a temporary one),
Sometimes is should indicate
- a probationary period
- advance notice in case you` will be fired
- the way any change happened will be communicated
Right to Social Security.
¿What does it means?: Social Security is a way to protect citizens. It let people to receive Health Assistance and get any money in case of be unemployed, suffer a long-term disease or any disability to work. General speaking. It works through a Fund which collect the money that workers and employers put on it from their salaries and profits.
So, it is compulsory that your boss pay for it ,for his and yours
Right to work into a safe and healthy workplace
Employers must keep the workplaces safe and healthy in order to avoid accident and workers got diseases.
In return, employees must be responsible being active act for the workplace stay a real safe and healthy one.
In one hand , employees should deben:
- To inform an train the crew around risk and hazards related with the task they do, and hoow to avoid and prevent all them.
- Check out regularly the firm facilities.
- Provide to the crew suitable and safe outfit s and tools
- to solve all kind of safety fails that could be detected.
In the other hand, workers are responsible for:
-following all the safety instructions they could receive in order to do their task in good conditions of safety and health
- giving notice to the boss around any safety problem on equipment , tools and facilities.
-joining the training sessions about safety at workplaces.
Exercising your rights:
Claim for your rights means a conflict ahead.
You'd better do it in an assertive way, the law I backs you up:
- Don't lose your temper
- Talk with the boss, put in their shoes in order to have a global and wide vision of the matter.
- Get in touch with the trade unions representatives.
- Express your anger in an easy way and no fear.
- Claim for a quick fix or make a petition writting.
If nothing happens go to labour public services
Remember: labour conflicts are not so easy to solve, keep your tights up but you always will need the experts advice.
Written by Eurodesk Qualified Multiplier, Ayuntamiento de Jaca