* Zaragoza Activa (www.zaragoza.es/ciudad/sectores/activa) is an innovative, creative and collaborative entrepreneurial ecosystem based at two physical sites (a former sugar factory and a building in the heart of Zaragoza’s historical centre) offering various programs aimed at providing support for entrepreneurial projects arising in our city.
One of the most popular programs with young people is the Semillero de Ideas (hotbed of ideas) (http://www.zaragoza.es/ciudad/sectores/activa/semillero.htm) the aim of which is to provide support at the very early stages of entrepreneurial projects, when there is just the basic, starting concept. Every year the Semillero de Ideas asks students, graduates and entrepreneurs to present their business ideas. If the idea is selected the chosen participants receive specialized training and assessment for four months in order to seek financial support for their idea and turn it into a viable business model. More than 90 projects have taken part in the program over the six years that it has been in operation.
In addition to the Semillero, there are other services and programs such as the Vivero de Empresas (Business Incubator) (www.zaragoza.es/ciudad/sectores/activa/viveroempresas.htm), the co-working and collective intelligence space La Colaboradora (www.zaragoza.es/ciudad/sectores/activa/lacolaboradora/) or the creative economy network Made in Zaragoza (http://madeinzaragoza.es) which help all of Zaragoza’s entrepreneurs to apply their knowledge and professional experiences and to interact, pooling know-how, ideas and dreams.
After several years running, these are some of the most innovative and creative projects that have been launched:
* Hector Paz and Pedro Lozano are two young entrepreneurs who set up several projects using their own technology based on augmented reality. One of the most outstanding is Chromville (https://chromville.com), an educational App which uses a 3D augmented reality adventure to create an interactive universe in which children learn through a fun experience thanks to the use of new technologies.
* Paola Fatás is a chemical engineer who presented her “Cool Glass” idea to the Semillero program and eventually set up Cool everywhere” (http://cool-everywhere.com), a company that develops innovative products that incorporate instantaneous hot/cold technology.
* Hunteet (http://hunteet.com) is an online platform that enables its users to win prizes by carrying out challenges with photographs. This fun way for brands to reward their followers was devised by Alberto and Juan (along with another colleague who no longer forms part of the team) while they were still studying at the University of Zaragoza. Their idea won Nokia’s IV Challenge Brains Laboratory in 2012.
* Recreando Estudio Creativo (www.facebook.com/Recreando-Estudio-Creativo-536127026450876/?fref=ts) is all about the responsible design of spaces, ephemeral architecture, objects, graphic design and experiences. Eva, Sara and Paula are brimming with creativity and enthusiasm and transmit their energy in all of their creations.
These are just some examples but there are many more: Espacio Ítaca, Tempo Finito, Garagescanner, Hello Book, Amarist, Certicalia, Flores en la mesa, Qbitera, Ray Musgo, En Clave China, El Nido, Cultus...
As we said at the beginning, Zaragoza is a city full of young people with great ideas who are eager to turn them into reality.
Written by Milagros Arrebola Mayo, Zaragoza Activa
Sent by Eurodesk Qualified Multiplier, Zaragoza