European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) Storyboard Competition
All citizens (over 18 years old) from any EU Member State as well as Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland, are invited to express their creativity and show their experience with the EHIC in 250 words! Apply by 17 August 2014.
What is the storyboard about?
- Create a clear and comprehensible synopsis, maximum 250 words in English, French or German language.
- Create a storyboard that presents a story via sketches in a chronological sequence that must:
- have between 6 and 16 illustrated panels;
- tell a story that features the European Health Insurance Card;
- include a descriptive written summary underneath each scene, explaining what the scene is about in English, French or German language;
- include speech bubbles and / or thought bubbles if needed in English, French or German language.
The story and images should reflect the idea behind the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and convey at least one of the following messages:
- expect the unexpected (when on holiday or travelling in Europe);
- EHIC is free of charge (some websites/companies are charging citizens to obtain a card that in fact is and will remain free of charge);
- raise awareness of EHIC among doctors and medical facilities (focus on those giving rather than receiving healthcare).
Three winners selected by a jury will win 1500, 1000 and 500 euro respectively. The overall winning concept will be developed and produced into a video, which will be used to promote the European Health Insurance Card.
Interested? Check out the competition rules and more details on how to apply on the competition website. Good luck!