Joint Recommendations from the EU Youth Conference in Thessaloniki
The main themes around which the 21 Recommendations were built are:
- quality education – guarantee equal learning opportunities for all;
- quality transition – facilitate young people ́s transition to employment;
- quality jobs – secure quality employment for young people;
- dialogue and learning between generations – enhance inter-generational solidarity;
- active inclusion – create conditions for full inclusion of young people in society;
- youth entrepreneurship – boost entrepreneurship of young people;
- social entrepreneurship – encourage entrepreneurship with a positive social impact.
These recommendations serve as an input for the drawing up of policy-related documents, in particular:
- Council Conclusions to promote youth entrepreneurship to foster social inclusion of young people;
- Council Resolution on the overview of the structured dialogue process including social inclusion of young people.
The EU Youth Conference, hosted by the Greek Presidency on 10-12 March 2014, in Thessaloniki, was the third one within the Trio Presidencies (Ireland, Lithuania and Greece), focusing on the theme of youth entrepreneurship to foster social inclusion of young people.