Become a Junior Professional in an EU Delegation (JPD)
This programme is open to young post-graduates sharing the values and principles of the European Union and committed to defend the place of the European Union in the World. Junior Professionals in Delegation will be placed in both the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the European Commission sections of the EU Delegations.
The traineeships will start in September/October for a fixed-term of nine months; a further 9-month renewal of the agreement can be offered.
Number of traineeship positions
- 28 positions for EEAS: political, press and information functions
- 28 positions for the Commission (max.1 per EU Member State): management of external aid, trade & economic affairs, european integration, humanitarian aid, etc.
What is offered
- monthly package (+/- 2 300 euros to +/- 3 000 euros, depending on the place of the traineeship)
- installation contribution (2 000 euros)
- journey expenses contribution (2 500 euros)
- insurance premium contribution (500 euros)
How to apply
Applications have to be sent exclusively to the relevant EU Member States' contact points by 3 March 2014. Please note that any spontaneous application sent directly to the EEAS or to the Commission will be rejected. Candidates will have to indicate their geographical preferences in their application, so it might be helpful to take a peek at the available list of EU Delegations websites.
The traineeship offers will be sent to the selected candidates in July 2014.