Searching for a job in Iceland
Where do I search for a job?
There are multiple ways to search for a job. Often the quickest way is to inform your friends and relatives. A status update on Facebook often “gets the job done”. Try your luck by filing open applications to recruiting services and workplaces. Look for job openings online and always follow the regular newspaper ads.
Searching for a job online
Here is a list of websites containing job openings in Iceland.
- Directory of Labour has a list of available jobs. Site is updated daily.
- The newspapers have job columns. Here are the online versions: Vísir & MBL
- Goverment jobs listing are available at Starfatorg.is
- Looking for work in Reykjavik City? Here are the listings
Recruiting services post job openings online. The main ones are:
- H.H. Ráðgjöf
- Tvinna.is (computers and software)
File general applications
- The Yellow pages at Já.is can help.
- Veitingastaðir.is has a list of all or most restaurants in Iceland.
- Shopping malls Kringlan and Smáralind can be good starting points for a job search.
Use your network - talk ot people you know, ask around
If you plan on applying for a summer job, do it as soon as possible, preferably before the end of february
Don't be afraid to apply for a job. It's always worth a shot.