Looking for volunteering opportunities?
Anyone can volunteer. All you need are motivation, compassion and the willingness to work and learn from the people in the community.
There are many reasons why people decide to volunteer, usually to give something back and make a difference in the lives of others. No matter when you decide to volunteer, or what you decide to do, it will bring you countless benefits. And by doing it you will be making a real difference in the lives of individuals, the community and the environment. You will have the chance to meet new people, while raising your social awareness.
A volunteering experience can also benefit your professional career, as you will develop and learn new social, technical, team-building and problem-solving skills.
Where to look
- Eurodesk: opportunities for young people
- Creative Corners: creative volunteering
- Cross-Cultural Solutions: international volunteering
- Global Volunteer Network: volunteer positions in more than 20 countries
- Idealist.org: volunteer opportunities worldwide
- Service Civil International: volunteering for peace
- Volunteer Action Counts: share your volunteering actions
- World Wide Helpers: hundreds of projects available from around the world