Young Volunteers in Ciber Classrooms: "You have talent"
Social Services Department of City Council of Murcia develops the project: "Cibercaixa, You have talent" in collaboration with the "la Caixa" Foundation: The project is developed in cyber classrooms and provides children a playful and educational environment thanks to new technologies.
The cyberaulas are located in the city of Murcia (in the neighborhood of San Pio X, in the hamlet of Dolores and the neighborhood of the Espírito Santo ) and are aimed at children from 3 to 16 years. These children are proposed by the social educators of the Municipal Centers of Social Services. Children under 6 must be accompanied by adults and only have access to the children's area.
The activities are organized on three places during after-school hours and during holidays periods: computer place, the reading and audiovisual place and the children's place.
In these places, the program "You have talent" is used to identify the talents of children, increasing their self-esteem and self-confidence, and giving them resources for learning.There are also training activities for parents.
Volunteers are incorporated into this environment. They are responsible for developing leisure, recreational and educational activities, as well as participating in coordination and information meetings with the responsible for the activity.
The profile to carry out the activities as a volunteer is:
- people over 18 years,
- attitudes that promote self-esteem and positive reinforcement in children;
- ability to interact with children;
- skills to work leisure and free time with groups of minors;
- ability to resolve conflicts, encourage studying habits and computer skills.
- engaged people, with intellectual maturity and psycho-emotional balance,
- capacity for communication and relationship and with a sense of total respect for the other.
Link the program "You have talent"
Written by Eurodesk Qualified Multiplier, Informajoven Ayuntamiento de Murcia