Accreditation and credit recognition of non-universitary titles.
Accreditation vs recognition.
The accreditation or recognition of a title in an academic and professional frame is an administrative service which everybody can ask for the educational institutions of a given country. It can be requested by every citizen and for all the European and world titles.
On the other hand, a title recognition only can have professional validity and it only deals with EU citizens, EEA and Switzerland.
Which non-universitary titles can be accredited?
• Official studies and titles released by a non-Spanish educational system.
• Studies carried out in a Spanish foreign center that must be authorized by the Spanish government.
• It is impossible to accredit titles accredited in a third party country.
• The foreign title must be equivalent in duration and contents to a Spanish title as an academic frame of reference.
• Exams will not be accredited. Whole grades will.
Accreditable Spanish titles.
• Degree in lower secondary (in Spain, Educación Secundaria Obligatoria)
• Secondary School Leaving Certificate (in Spain, Bachillerato).
• Specialist title, (in Spain, Título de Técnico Medio)
• High specialist title (in Spain, Título de Técnico Superior)
Professional Arts Education.
• Music professional title
• Dance professional title
• Handcraft and drawing title
• Handcraft and drawing high specialist title.
High professional arts education. Equivalent titles to:
• Music studies or education
• Dance studies or education
• Dramatic Arts studies or education
• Preservation and restoration of cultural heritage
• Handcraft, including pottery and fiberglass
• Sport specialist and high sport specialist titles.
• Studies carried out in foreign centers in the Spanish country not included inside this normative:Real Decreto 806/1993, de 28 de mayo, sobre régimen de centros docentes extranjeros en España.
• Foreign titles gotten inside Spanish centers not able to provide official titles.
• Titles not part of the education system of the foreign country.
How to make it?
You have to know that it is not for free. Taxes between 23 and 95€.
You can find on the following link all the documents about the request.
The documents must be official, legal and with official translation to Spanish language.
Obligations about this on:: http://www.mecd.gob.es/educacion-mecd/areas-educacion/sistema-educativo/convalidaciones/titulos-no-universitarios/requisitos-generales-.html
What about the request?
You can find the request form on:
Where to get information?
• Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte: Oficina de Atención al Ciudadano-Centro de Atención al Ciudadano (Ministry of Education, citizen assistance)
C/ Los Madrazo, 15 28071-Madrid
Phone: +34 91 327 76 81
Fax: +34 91 701 86 48 or +34 91 701 86 00
Consultas electrónicas, online questions
• Departments of Higher Inspection of Education. Governmental congressman´s office in the Autonomous Communities and Provincial Directorates of Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte in Ceuta y Melilla.
• Equivalent authorities in the Autonomous Communities of Cataluña,Galicia and del País Vasco.
• Education Offices in the Embassies of the Spanish territory.
• Consulates of the Spanish Embassies.
Finally, any doubt can be solved on the following webpage: Ministerio de Educación del Gobierno de España.
Source: www.mecd.gob.es (Ministerio de Educación. Gobierno de España)
Written by Eurodesk Qualified Multiplier, Ayuntamiento de Albacete