Every year, 20 young social entrepreneurs are selected for the yearlong fellowship programme that includes:
· skills-building – year-round learning opportunities that offer dynamic peer-to-peer learning, collaboration, and sharing among young visionaries. This learning is focused on six dimensions of leadership: personal, visionary, political, collaborative, organisational, and societal
· networking & resources – access to potential resources to support fellows and their projects, including volunteers, mentors, and grant opportunities; opportunities to network and collaborate with IYF projects and partners, Membership of the YouthActionNet global network of fellows and alumni
· advocacy – training in areas such as communications planning, media outreach, message development, presentation skills, and innovative uses of new media technologies; access to global advocacy platforms and media coverage.
How to apply
To apply, you must be:
- between 18 and 29 years old
- a founder of an existing projects/organisations, or leading a project within an organisation, with a demonstrated one year track record of leading societal change
- proficient in English (applications must be submitted in English)
- available to attend full retreat, on a date to be determined
If you have all this, then you just need to register and apply online once the applications reopen in February 2013.
“This was the first retreat for me that brought together young social entrepreneurs from all over the world to learn from one another how to better manage their organizations. It was truly a unique experience, and above all, showed me that I wasn’t alone in this work.”
Testimonial from one of the Global Fellows
Launched in 2001 by the International Youth Foundation, the programme strengthens, supports, and celebrates the role of young people in leading positive change in their communities.